The application period for 2019-2020 is now closed.
UC Santa Cruz Athletic Training accepts a limited number of UCSC undergraduate student interns each academic year. Student Interns will be only be admitted in the Fall Quarter and must have sophomore, junior, or senior academic standing by the time of the admittance to the program. Junior-transfer students may also apply. Students with freshman academic standing at the time of admittance to the program but who hold a strong interest in pursuing Athletic Training as a career may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please see below for instructions if you would like to apply. For further inquiry, please contact Primrose Pisares MS, ATC at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPORTS MEDICINE STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
The UCSC Sports Medicine Student Intern Program offers students who are strongly interested in entering the healthcare field with the opportunity to learn more about Athletic Training and Sports Medicine through clinical and academic experiences with the Intercollegiate Athletics Athletic Trainers on campus. The potential candidate will work directly under the Athletic Trainers. Our goal is to teach the interns the skills needed to function and interact in a healthcare setting. We also strive to provide our interns with hands-on clinical experiences while providing them with a foundational knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and athletic pathologies.
- Complete 4 hours of observation in the Athletic Training Clinic by May 7, 2019.
- E-mail email@example.com to set up hours for observation
- Submit the following via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Sports Medicine Internship application
- Current resume
- Proof of current First Aid/CPR/AED certification (by internship start date)
YOU MUST OBSERVE AT LEAST 4 HOURS IN THE CLINIC BEFORE WE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. Your application packet with all materials must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 5PM, May 8, 2019.
If your application packet is selected, you will be invited to come into the clinic for an interview during the third week in May.
The ideal applicant:
1) Exhibits a strong interest in the sports medicine field.
2) Is able to commit to an entire school year starting Fall quarter.
3) Is able to commit to training days during summer break, 6 hrs./week in the clinic, and 3 home events/month, and event coverage during campus breaks.