UC Santa Cruz Athletic Training accepts a limited number of UCSC undergraduate interns. Starting next year, interns will be accepted only in the Fall. (If you are interested for the remainder of the '14-'15 school year or for next year, please e-mail Raffy Carpio firstname.lastname@example.org.)
SPORTS MEDICINE INTERNSHIP
The UCSC Sports Medicine Internship offers students who are strongly interested in entering the healthcare field with the opportunity to learn more about Athletic Training and Sports Medicine through clinical and academic experiences with the Intercollegiate Athletics Athletic Trainers on campus. The potential candidate will work directly under the Certified Athletic Trainers and be exposed to administration, physicians, and other allied healthcare professionals. Our goal is to teach the intern the skills needed to function and interact in a healthcare setting.
- Sports Medicine Intern application (please fill-out online and print, or print and fill-out by hand)
- Proof of current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Current resume
Your application packet with all materials must be submitted to the East Athletic Training Clinic by April 30, 2015. Please place the packet in a manila-style envelope labeled with your name and submit your application to a member of the Athletic Training staff.
If your application packet is selected, you will be invited to come into our clinic for 15 hours of observation and an interview at a later date.
The ideal applicant:
1) Exhibits a strong interest in the sports medicine field.
2) Is able to commit to an entire school year starting Fall quarter.
3) Is able to commit to Intern training days, 6 hrs./week in the clinic, attend 2 meetings and 3