UC Santa Cruz Athletic Training accepts a limited number of UCSC undergraduate interns each academic year. Interns will be only be admitted in the Fall Quarter. Please see below for instructions if you would like to apply. For further inquiry, please contact Caitlin Dios, MS, ATC email@example.com.
The application period will open February 1, 2017.
SPORTS MEDICINE INTERNSHIP
The UCSC Sports Medicine Internship offers students who are strongly interested in entering the healthcare field with the opportunity to learn more about Athletic Training and Sports Medicine through clinical and academic experiences with the Intercollegiate Athletics Athletic Trainers on campus. The potential candidate will work directly under the Certified Athletic Trainers and be exposed to administration, physicians, and other allied healthcare professionals. Our goal is to teach the intern the skills needed to function and interact in a healthcare setting. We also strive to provide our interns with hands-on clinical experiences while providing them with a foundational knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and athletic pathologies.
- Complete 4 hours of observation in the Athletic Training Clinic
- Submit the following via e-mail or in person to the East Athletic Training Clinic:
- Sports Medicine Intern application
- Current resume
- Proof of current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
YOU MUST OBSERVE AT LEAST 4 HOURS IN THE CLINIC BEFORE WE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. Your application packet with all materials must be submitted to the East Athletic Training Clinic no later than March 17, 2017.
If your application packet is selected, you will be invited to come into the clinic for an interview at a later date.
The ideal applicant:
1) Exhibits a strong interest in the sports medicine field.
2) Is able to commit to an entire school year starting Fall quarter.
3) Is able to commit to Intern training days, monthly 2 hr. seminar, 6 hrs./week in the clinic, 3 home events/month.