Women's Soccer to host 8v8 Adult Soccer Slugfest
8v8 Adult Coed Soccer Slugfest
Saturday May 17th, 2014
Coed Competitive & Recreational Tournament
UCSC Lower East Field, Santa Cruz, CA
On Saturday, May 17th the UC Santa Cruz Women's Soccer Team will host our annual 8v8 Adult Coed Soccer Slugfest Tournament. This one-day tournament format provides a beautiful venue for a day of fun soccer for the local Santa Cruz community and beyond. It's a great opportunity to come enjoy our stunning campus in its woodsy setting with the great view of the Monterey Bay. It is also a great opportunity for the greater soccer community to support our talented student athletes and help them pursue their goal of playing college soccer in such a great setting by playing the sport we all love on the picturesque campus.
Space is limited, so reserve your spot today! See details below:
- Tournament play will begin early on Saturday, May 17th by 8:00 AM
- Final rosters must be turned in one half hour before your first game with signatures in place. Every player on the roster must be signed on 30-minutes prior to the start of the first game, NO exceptions. Any team without a complete roster by kickoff will forfeit their games until it is complete. The roster needs to be submitted to the registration desk prior to kickoff if bringing it day-of. Preferably, teams can mail or fax in their roster prior to the tournament.
- Roster maximum of 16 players
- Games will be at least 30 minutes in length (15 min 1/2s w/ a brief half-time), pending number of registered teams
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games
- Full sized goals; ~65 x 45 yard fields
- All teams will obey and respect the 8v8 Rules outlined in this registration packet. Team managers agree to review rules with the team prior to play.
- UCSC soccer student-athletes will referee games.
- Teams need to provide dark and light jerseys or bibs
- 4 Males and 3 Females must be on the pitch at all times at any position. GK any gender.
Contact Emily Scheese with your questions and needs: